Author: Susanne at Dish With MeJump to Recipe
I’ve tasted tartar sauce in many restaurants and a variety of brands from the market, but NONE compare to this recipe. When I say none, I mean NONE! To me, this truly is THE VERY BEST TARTAR SAUCE.
If you prefer a mild, maybe even sweet tartar sauce, this one isn’t the one for you. This one is packed with the flavor of dill and the zestiness of fresh lemon. This recipe pairs PERFECTLY with my Salmon Cakes recipe.
You probably already have most of the ingredients for this recipe, if not all.
I have been a Best Foods/Hellman’s mayo girl my entire life…until I discovered Duks’s, which just has something a little different, it’s a little more salty, maybe. I’m not sure. It’s also sugar free, if that matters to you. So, I am now officially a Duke’s girl.
Tartar sauce is perfect paired with seafood and is even great on chicken poppers or veggies.
Since you’ll likely be dipping this sauce, I chop the pickles fairly small, yet big enough that you get a little yummy crunch.
This recipe is super, super simple. Just dump everything in a bowl and mix.
I feel like this tartar sauce would be incredible on a fish sandwich. Hmmm…that gives me an idea! See how my mind works?
THE VERY BEST TARTAR SAUCE
- 1 cup mayonnaise I use Duke's
- 1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- 2 small dill pickles or 1 large
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice straight from the jar
- 15 spins freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cavender's seasoning
- Toss everything into a bowl and give it a really good mix.
- Yep, it is seriously that easy!
- Ta-dah! You've just made an awesome sauce in a matter of minutes!