Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Photography: Kelsey at dishwithme.com
Is there anybody who doesn’t love tacos? I’m sure there are at least a handful of people. The thing is, though, there are so many different types of tacos that there is something for everyone. There is also this thing called TACO SOUP!!! AND, I have the recipe. A good recipe! Here it is!!! Enjoy, friends!
HELPFUL HINTS FOR TACO SOUP
Top this soup just as you would a taco. Some great ideas for toppings are cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, black olives, any kind of onion, tortilla strips, or crushed tortilla chips. I really like the Tostitos Salsa Verde flavored chips crushed on top of this soup.
This is a one pot meal, but can also be made in an insta-pot, or slow cooker.
I know it looks like a TON of ingredients, but, truly, most of them are spices.
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Chili powder
- Basil leaves (dried)
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Oregano, Mexican or regular
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Beef broth base (powdered) I use Orrington Farms that I buy from Amazon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh garlic
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Canned chili beans
- Canned pinto beans
- Canned fire roasted corn
- Mild green chilis
LINKS TO OTHER RECIPES
You’ve got the main dish figured out, so move on to a yummy dessert, like my SOUR CREAM BUNDT CAKE
And, last, but not least, my THE BEST BANANA PUDDING
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you so much for helping to support my small business.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED FOR TACO SOUP
You’ll need a large pot for this batch of soup.
I have this fine microplane style grater that I got on Amazon.
Orrington Farms broth bases are my favorite. They seem to add a little magic when I use them!
- Large soup pot
- fine microplane grater
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1.3 pounds Ground beef broken/chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium Yellow onion diced
- 3 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican or regular oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons Beef broth base I use Orrington Farms
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 3-4 cloves Fresh garlic finely grated
- 28 ounces Canned diced tomatoes preferably fire roasted
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 15-16 ounces Chili beans canned, undrained
- 15-16 ounces Pinto beans canned, undrained
- 14-16 ounce Fire roasted corn canned, drained
- 10 ounce Rotel canned, or jarred salsa
- 14 ounces Mild green chilis canned, undrained
- Place a soup pot on medium-high heat.
- Add EVOO to the pot.
- Add ground beef, onion and all spices to the pot. Cook until the ground beef is cooked and the onion tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the grated garlic to the beef, onion, spice mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add the beef broth, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, rotel, beans, corn and green chilies.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium low, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!