Author: Susanne at Dish With Me
**Some links on dishwithme.com are affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click on a link and make a purchase from a partner company. I will NEVER recommend anything that I don’t personally use or love.**Jump to Recipe
These Super Easy Sheet Tray Herb Roasted Potatoes are the epitome of comfort food and are super easy to make!
I mean, everybody loves potatoes prepared just right, right? Potatoes are simply always a good idea! UNLESS…you are creating a specialty dish like some kind of Mexican or Asian Cuisine, BUT, even then, you can change up the spices and go with it. Think about adding some cumin and paprika for Mexican cuisine or some Chinese 5-spice for Asian cuisine. Yep, where there is a will, there definitely is a way.
Say, did you know that the average American eats about 124 pounds of potatoes per year, while Germans eat about twice that much? This is according to the Idaho Potato Museum. The more you know! If you’re interested in some potato facts, here is a link: https://idahopotatomuseum.com/potato-facts/
HELPFUL HINTS FOR THESE SUPER EASY SHEET TRAY HERB ROASTED POTATOES
If you know me at all, you know I LOVE fresh garlic! But, garlic tends to burn very easily and once garlic burns, I promise you, the whole dish is ruined. So, with that being said, I do not use fresh garlic in this recipe, but garlic powder, instead.
Even though oil is used on these potatoes, I still spray my tray with cooking spray.
Potatoes should be stirred and the sheet tray rotated half way through the cooking process.
DO NOT overcrowd the potatoes. The potatoes will not cook properly if overcrowded. Use two sheet trays, if necessary.
These herb roasted potatoes pair perfectly with my Catalina Chicken.
SUPER EASY SHEET TRAY HERB ROASTED POTATOES
- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary dried
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence dried
- 2 teaspoons thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- 25 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Line a rimmed sheet tray with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Peel and dice the Yukon gold potatoes into approximately 1 inch squares. Place onto lined sheet tray.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into approximately 1 inch squares. Place onto lined sheet tray.
- Peel and dice the onion. Place onto the sheet tray.
- Remove the seeds and dice a bell pepper. Place the sheet tray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the EVOO and all spices/seasonings.
- Drizzle the oil/spice mixture over the veggies on the sheet tray.
- Next, get in there with your clean hands and toss it all together, try to ensure all the veggies are covered in oil and spices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes…until fork tender.
- Make sure to mix the veggies around and rotate the baking tray at the midway point (at about 20 minutes).
- Taste test to see if any additional salt is needed.
This is what I needed! Thank you so much!