Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Amazon/privacy disclosure.*
A baked potato is a baked potato, right? NO! No, it is not! That statement is not true. In fact, it is the opposite of the truth. These super easy air fryer baked potatoes are NOT your average baked potato! Not even close. The taste is amazing and, as far as texture goes…think potato pudding, almost. Sooo, creamy and smooth.
Try pairing these with my herbed hotel butter and the flavor is off the charts good. Go a step further and add some of my roasted garlic into the mix…heavenly perfection. Oh, and these potatoes fixed like this paired with a perfectly cooked steak, or grilled baby back ribs, yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!
Everyone, and I do mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has tried these potatoes has been amazed. One even said he was going to buy an air fryer just so he could cook these potatoes. I doubt very seriously that you will be sorry you tried this recipe.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR SUPER EASY AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
Use Yukon Gold potatoes. I cannot say I have tried russet potatoes for this recipe, BUT, there is a reason for that…Yukon Gold’s are known for their creaminess, which is kind of what this recipe is all about, well, in addition to the FABULOUS taste!
At the end of the microwave cooking step of the recipe, be sure to insert a knife in the middle of the potato to check for tenderness. If they are not tender, just cook them for a few more minutes.
You can either use the basket or the racks in the air crisper. Either will work fine. I tend to use the basket, but if you are cooking more than 4, the racks might work better.
- Yukon gold potatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Herbs de Provence – This is one of my very favorite seasoning blends.
- Granulated onion powder
- Granulated garlic powder
- 21 gun salute – I use Trader Joe’s brand. If you do not have a Trader Joe’s near you, there is a link for this below. I was really surprised that I could find it on Amazon.
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black, or mixed pepper
OTHER RECIPES THAT MAY PAIR WELL WITH THIS DISH
SUPER EASY AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- Ninja Air Fryer
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes washed
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO more, if needed
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon 21 gun salute from Trader Joe's
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 30 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the herbs and spices. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- With a knife, cut a few slits in the tops of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a paper plate and place in the microwave. Cook the potatoes until almost completely tender in the middle when poked with a knife in the center, 5 to 15 minutes, depending on size. Remove from the microwave when done.
- When cool enough to touch and with the potatoes still on the paper plate, drizzle each potato with EVOO and the combined herbs. Rub the ingredients onto the potatoes so that they are covered.
- Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket and drizzle with any of the EVOO/spice mixture left on the plate.
- Bake at 390°F for about 25 minutes, or until the potato skins are nice and crispy. A few more minutes may be necessary.
- Serve immediately.