Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
You guys are going to think I am crazy with this one! I mean, who wants something called Prison Slop Ramen, right? I totally get it, but, as the saying goes, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. It is actually quite tasty…you may be pleasantly surprised.
I have no earthly idea how we started calling this concoction Prison Slop, but it stuck. I added the word Ramen so that, by the title, people would have an idea of what kind of food this actually is, but around this house we just call it prison slop. Actually, for some reason, I’m thinking my oldest son named this one. JT, what say you?
A friend of my youngest son says he lived on something like this while in college…maybe we should call it college slop ramen! Haha! I’m not sure why slop must be in the title, but it is, so there we have it.
Seriously, if you want a surprisingly satisfying and filling meal in less than five minutes, then this one is for you.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR PRISON SLOP RAMEN
I used shrimp ramen in my picture, but you can use any flavor ramen you like, or have on hand.
If you want your ramen a little juicier, simply add a little more water. If you would like to thicken it up a bit, add more cheese 🙂
LINKS TO PAIR WITH THIS PRISON SLOP RAMEN RECIPE
You are going to be thirsty with this dish, so my REFRESHING CUCUMBER WATER will pair perfectly with this one.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
This recipe only requires 4 simple ingredients
- One package of ramen noodles
- One can of tuna. Packed in water or oil, it’s completely up to you. My preference is yellow fin in olive oil.
- Hot sauce
- That’s it, folks!
- 1 package Ramen noodles prepared with water and seasoning packet as you normally do
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 can Tuna
- Hot sauce sprinkle as much or as little as you want
- Prepare the ramen noodles, per package instructions, or as you normally do.
- After the ramen noodles are cooked and the seasoning pack added, add the cheese and mix well.
- Top the ramen and cheese with the can of tuna.
- Sprinkle the top with as little or as much hot sauce that you choose.
- I know, I know…it doesn't look like much, but it is pretty tasty.
- Easy peasy, right?