Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Photography: Susanne at dishwithme.com
As I’ve told you before, I am not the greatest baker in the world. Some things I can bake well, but not all things. I have always loved pecan pie, but used to be somewhat intimidated at the idea of baking them homemade. This recipe for My Favorite Pecan Pie helped me get over that little fear. You won’t believe how incredibly easy this recipe is.
To me, this recipe is the best of the best. The combination of ingredients is simply amazing. And, using a pre-made pie crust makes it even easier. You are welcome to make your own crust, but I am quite happy using my store bought crust.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR MY FAVORITE PECAN PIE
Pecan pie can easily be frozen, therefore, it is easy to make ahead of time. Yep, you can cross this one off of your list early.
Use strips of foil or a pie shield for the first 20 minutes of baking to prevent the edge of the crust from getting over cooked.
- Pie crust
- Dark Karo syrup
- Light Karo syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Dark brown sugar
- Real butter
- Kosher salt
- Pure vanilla extract
LINKS TO OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you so much for helping to support my small business.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED
I use foil, but only because I don’t own one of these pie shields.
Some store bought pie crusts come in a tin and some do not. If you have pie crusts without the tin, here is a cute pie dish.
Here is my handheld mixer.
- Pie shield or foil
- Pie plate
- Handheld mixer
- 1.5 cups Pecans part chopped, part whole halves
- 1/2 cup Light Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup REAL BUTTER
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Deep dish pre-made pie shell
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Line edges of the crust with small strips of aluminum foil. Place the pie crust on the lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Chop some of the pecans and leave part of the pecan halves whole.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly inside the pre-made pie crust. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the syrups, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, Kosher salt and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, blend ingredients together just until well combined, about 1 minute.
- If desired, you can decorate the top of the pie before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes with a pie shield or foil, then remove and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes without the shield. This prevents the edges from getting too brown.
- Let cool.