Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Many years ago I discovered a wonderful chicken dish that had honey mustard sauce on the side. I recreated the dish at home, so, of course I had to make a honey mustard dipping sauce to go with it. Except, well, I made mine better 🙂
It is an excellent pairing for my loaded chicken dish (coming in 2 days), but also for chicken poppers, or any kind of meat, really. It would also go well with a variety of veggies, including a salad. This can also be used on wraps, sandwiches and can even be used as a grilling sauce.
This recipe, literally, takes under five minutes to toss together. Easy Peasy. Seriously, toss 6 ingredients together, mix it up and you are ta-done. I’m going to bet you lick the spoon!
HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
This can be made ahead of time.
Use a good mayonnaise. I’ve been a Best Foods/Hellmann’s fan my entire life, but I have discovered Duke’s and I am sold.
DO NOT skip the addition of the whole grain Dijon mustard, you know, the seedy kind. The addition of this ingredient absolutely makes the sauce, as far as I am concerned. You might even want to add a smidgen more.
GROCERY LIST FOR HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
- Duke’s mayonnaise
- Dijon mustard – the smooth kind
- Whole grain Dijon mustard – the kind with the seeds – you’ll thank me later
- Honey – I always try to use a local honey
- Granulated onion powder
- Kosher salt
LINKS TO RECIPES THAT MAY PAIR WILL WITH THIS SAUCE
THE AMAZING CALIFORNIA CHICKEN SANDWICH – this dipping sauce might even be good ON this sandwich
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS/EQUIPMENT USED
A spatula is used to scrape the bowl.
Any medium bowl will work.
A whisk will come in handy for mixing.
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise I use Duke's
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard I use Trader Joe's – it's imported from France and SOOO good!
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a small or medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix or whisk until well blended.
- Ready to serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yes, it really is that easy!