Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Photography: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Ham & Turkey Sliders, or any style sliders, made with Hawaiian rolls are super easy to assemble and are ready in minutes. These are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, or for a get together. They also make a great snack, or breakfast.
The Ham & Turkey in this recipe is just a guide. Feel free to mix and match whatever kind of meats and cheeses you like. Roast beef and turkey would be delicious, or even just roast beef with cheese.
This meal can, quite literally, be ready in under half an hour. Served with any kind of side can make a complete meal. Chips/crisps, potato salad, pasta salad, macaroni salad, roasted herbed potatoes, etc..
They aren’t good for just dinner, either, I’ve had them for breakfast many times.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR HAM & TURKEY SLIDERS
Cheddar cheese is what I used, but use any kind of cheese you would like. Swiss, Provolone and pepper Jack would be great alternate choices. You could even make half with one cheese and half with another.
Don’t skimp out on the poppy seeds in the butter topping, they give it a nice crunch.
I fold or mound the lunchmeat so that each slice is dedicated to one individual roll.
- Hawaiian rolls
- Smoked ham lunchmeat
- Mesquite smoked turkey lunchmeat
- Cheddar cheese – shredded or sliced
- Truffle aioli – I buy mine at Trader Joe’s
- Dijon mustard
- Granulated onion powder
- Poppy seeds
LINKS TO OTHER RECIPES
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you so much for helping to support my small business.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED
A baking tray like this is a must for this recipe.
I use a small mixing bowl to melt the butter and mix with other indredients.
A serrated bread knife is the best way to cut the rolls in half.
- Baking tray
- Serrated bread knife
- small mixing bowl
- 1 pkg Hawaiian Rolls package of 12
- 12 slices Smoked ham
- 12 slices Mesquite smoked turkey
- 1 cup Freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- MAYO SPREAD
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise I use Duke's
- 2 Tablespoons Truffle aioli I get mine at Trader Joe's
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- BUTTER TOPPING
- 6 Tablespoons Real butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375℉
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
- MAYO SPREAD
- Combine mayonnaise, truffle aioli, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- BUTTER TOPPING
- Melt butter, then add the Worcestershire sauce, granulated onion powder and poppy seeds. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a bread knife, slice rolls in half, horizontally, so that you are left with 12 tops and 12 bottoms.
- Spread the tops and bottoms of the rolls with the mayo spread.
- Add a slice of folded or bunched ham and turkey to the bottom portion of each roll.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the ham and turkey.
- Top the cheese with the top of the rolls (the lids).
- Brush the butter topping on top of each roll.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until they look slightly toasty and the cheese is nice and gooey and melted.
- Cut into individual rolls and serve warm.