Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
If you haven’t tried grilled asparagus, you really should do yourself a favor and just try it. It’s AMAZING! It’s true that I like asparagus any ole way, but grilled is the bomb.com.
I am happy to eat asparagus anytime: breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, or anytime in between.
This recipe is super quick and easy and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR GRILLED ASPARAGUS
Typically, the more slender asparagus is the best.
Once the asparagus is placed on the grill, DO NOT WALK AWAY! It will, literally, cook in 2 to 4 minutes.
When I cook asparagus other ways, I often add more seasonings, but when it is grilled keeping it simple is best.
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
LINKS TO POSSIBLE PAIRINGS
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS/EQUIPMENT USED
I use this Weber charcoal grill for all my grilling needs.
I haven’t really researched yet how these grill mats work without burning up, but they are AMAZING!!!
These long tongs help keep your skin away from the heat.
I use this Cavender’s so often that I buy it in a 5 pound tub.
- tongs for tossing asparagus at the 10 minute mark
- Cooking mats for the grill
- Weber grill
- 2 bunches Fresh asparagus thin, hard ends removed
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 25 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill to between 350°F and 400°F.
- Wash asparagus and remove the tough ends. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with EVOO and, using your hands, toss to ensure all asparagus is covered.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and Cavender's Greek seasoning and toss again to coat. Set aside.
- Place a grilling mat on the grill grate and then, using tongs, place the asparagus onto the grill mat.
- Working quickly, using tongs, or a spatula, move the asparagus around so that all sides are getting some heat. The entire cooking process will only take anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes. Keep moving the asparagus throughout the cooking process.