Author: Susanne at Dish With Me
**Some links on dishwithme.com are affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click on a link and make a purchase from a partner company. I will NEVER recommend anything that I don’t personally use or love.**Jump to Recipe
Aren’t fresh green beans yummy? Yep, they are. Well, this recipe is not for fresh green beans. Ha! Sorry! Truth is, not everyone has access to fresh green beans all the time, so what to do when you have that craving? Amp up some canned green beans and make my Easy Delicious Canned Green Beans, that’s what!
Try these green beans with my Catalina Chicken recipe!
Be sure to cook the bacon until it is just starting to crisp, not overly done.
No added salt necessary.
EASY DELICIOUS CANNED GREEN BEANS
- 4 slices bacon diced into small pieces
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 2-14.5 ounce cans green beans undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium saucepan, on medium-high heat, cook bacon just until crisp, but not overly crisp.
- Add the diced shallot to the pan with the bacon. Cook for one minute.
- Leave the cooked bacon bits and shallot in the pan and add the canned green beans to the same pan, including the liquid.
- Add the onion powder and garlic powder.
- Turn heat to high until it comes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and simmer just until the liquid is gone. Approximately an hour.
- Stir occasionally. Once the liquid is almost gone keep a very close eye on them, as they will go from almost done to burned in no time flat. Once they burn…you might as well throw them away, they'll be ruined. Remember: keep a close eye!
- That's it! Super simple, right?