Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
So, I am going to admit right up front that I am not the biggest fan of chocolate chip cookies, BUT many in my family are, so I still make them and when I do, I want them to be delicious. And, this recipe for Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies fits that bill. They are actually the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.
It’s not that I don’t like chocolate chip cookies, it’s that I like other things better, like cheesecake :). We all have to make choices, right? But, my Dawson LOVES some chocolate chip cookies, so when we make them, this is the recipe we use.
I do like them better with dark chocolate chips, but if that is not your thing, simply replace them with milk chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
As mentioned above, feel free to trade out whatever flavor chip you prefer. Butterscotch would be tasty!
Always, always, always check on things you’re baking before you think they might be done. If a recipe calls for 8 to 10 minutes, check whatever you are cooking at 8 minutes. You can always cook something longer, but you cannot un-cook it. Once it is overcooked, it is ruined and sure to be headed to the garbage can.
I always use dark brown sugar, instead of light brown. Simply put, it is tastier. Dark brown sugar has more of a warm caramel flavor to me.
I use the 10 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s.
- Granulated sugar
- Dark brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Dark chocolate chips – or whatever kind of chip you choose
LINKS TO OTHER RECIPES TO ENJOY
For dinner you may enjoy some SUPER EASY CATALINA CHICKEN BREASTS.
Or a try a CATALINA SALAD, or both salad and chicken!
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you.**
Here is a baking sheet for baking cookies and many other goodies.
This is the kind of cookie scoop I use. I like that it makes them a uniform size.
- Baking tray/Cookie sheet
- 1 cup Real butter room temperature, I use salted
- 1 cup Granulated sugar I use organic cane sugar
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 10-12 ounces Dark chocolate chips I use the 10 ounce bag of Trader Joe's dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking tray/cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Kosher salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the room temperature butter and the sugars until well combined.
- To the butter sugar mixture, add the eggs and pure vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time (about 3 or 4 batches) and mix untill well combined.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- You can also add chipped pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Use a small scoop and place cookie dough evenly spaced onto baking tray. You will likely end up with 3 cookie scoops one way, and 4 the other way for a total of 12 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes and then move the cookies to a cooling rack.
- I store on a plate, or cake plate loosely covered with a flour sack dish towel.