Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
This cucumber salad may not look like much, but it has tons of flavor! This is one of my favorite go-to dishes. It, literally, takes under 5 minutes to throw together. And, on top of that, it is super healthy, so dig in and enjoy…guilt free!
If I am eating only this, I consider this recipe a serving for one or two people, but if you are having it with other things, say a meat dish and other veggies, it is great to use as an additional side dish, or in place of a regular salad.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CUCUMBER SALAD
This recipe couldn’t be much more straight forward and easy. Really all that is involved is some chopping and some dressing and viola, you have a tasty meal, or side in mere minutes!
I know it sounds kind of strange to add an apple to this salad, but it truly adds another delicious element to the salad. Trust me on this.
Adjust the salt and pepper according to your preferences.
- English cucumber – much less seedy
- Campari tomatoes – or grape tomates
- Avocado – Haas is best
- Honeycrisp apple – or your favorite
- Red onion
- EVOO – Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar – I use Bragg organic, which contains the mother
- Balsamic vinegar – Use a good quality (yes, it makes difference). I use Trader Joe’s or Costco – they are both amazing!
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper – I like to use the coarse setting for this salad.
OTHER RECIPES TO POSSIBLY PAIR
- 1/2 English cucumber partially peeled, diced into quarters
- 2-3 Campari tomatoes diced
- 1 Small to medium avocado diced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple or whatever you prefer, diced
- 1/8 Red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar I use Bragg organic with the mother in it
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar I use Trader Joe's or Costco – they are both fabulous!
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- 30 grinds Freshly ground black pepper or to taste, I like the coarse grind for this dish
- Dice everything into bite sized pieces and add the oil, vinegars, salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly.
- Literally, that's it!!!