Author: Susanne at Dish With Me
**This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my privacy/disclosure policy.**
This is not your ordinary ranch dressing. I mean ordinary ranch dressing is delicious, but the addition of jalapeno(s), cilantro and lime give this staple dressing a brand new twist. Thus, Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is born.
This creamy dressing is straight up addictive! AND, it can easily be made into a dip instead of a dressing.
This stuff can go with just about anything; on top of any salad, taco salad, tacos, a baked potato, various veggies, nachos, burritos, etc.. Your imagination is your only limitation.
This recipe is super quick and easy. You can have it thrown together in 5 minutes.
This dressing pairs PERFECTLY, and I do mean PERFECTLY with my Taco Salad recipe. Coming very, very soon…as in Friday. Keep your eyes open!
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CREAMY JALAPENO RANCH DRESSING
I call for one jalapeno in this recipe, but adjust it to your personal tastes. If you think a whole jalapeno will be too spicy for you, only use half. If you like things on the spicy side, use two jalapenos.
Also, speaking of spice, before I add any amount of jalapeno to anything, I generally cut a tiny piece off and do a little taste test first to see how much spice I’m working with.
You can simply finely, finely dice your jalapeno and cilantro and end up with a white dressing, OR you can blend it(as in a Ninja) and end up with a green dressing. The latter is what I typically do, but in the photo on this post, I simply diced. Tis up to you.
This recipe can definitely be turned into a dip instead of a dressing, simply omit the milk.
If your dressing is thicker than you want it to be, simply add some milk…a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. If it is thinner than you wish, simply add a little more sour cream or mayo.
I use powdered Ranch seasoning in this recipe.
CREAMY JALAPENO RANCH DRESSING
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I use Duke's
- 2 Tablespoons powdered ranch seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed dried
- 10 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk more or less, depending on how thick or thin you want it
- 1 juice of one lime more if you want a stronger lime flavor
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro very finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno stem removed and seeded, very finely diced, add another jalapeno if you want to ramp up the heat.
- Blend the sour cream and mayonnaise together
- Add the spices and mix well
- Add the milk and lime juice, whisk together
- Add the cilantro and jalapeno
- Process in a Ninja or blender, if desired.
- That's it! See, easy peasy. And, don't forget delicious.