Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Horseradish is not for everyone. This I realize. BUT, for those of us who do love it, we really LOVE it! So, if you’re one of the lovers of horseradish, like me, this recipe for creamy horseradish sauce is something I think you will appreciate.
I am actually a fan of prepared horseradish straight from the jar (the kind you find in a deli section, not a sauce), but, at times, this recipe fits the bill really well. Later, I will share another recipe with you that is made from fresh horseradish root. It is also very, very yummy!
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
Feel free to experiment and add flavors. Like, I think dill weed might pair well with these flavors, so I’ll be trying that, or crushed rosemary because rosemary is terrific with beef, etc…
I use full fat sour cream and mayonnaise to make it good and creamy.
- Prepared horseradish
- Sour cream
- Mayonnaise – For much of my life I was a die hard Best Foods/Hellman’s fan, but I am a converted Duke’s lover now!
- Fresh lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Chives – or the green part of green onions chopped super fine.
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
OTHER RECIPES TO ENJOY
This goes PERFECTLY with my GRILLED SANTA MARIA STYLE TRI-TIP recipe.
It would also be good with my GRILLED FLANK STEAK recipe.
A good potato always goes well with beef, so here is a great recipe for my SUPER EASY AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES. These are SERIOUSLY good. The texture is almost like potato pudding, but in a good way 🙂
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you so much for helping to support my small business.**
Here is the air fryer I use for the potatoes and SO MANY other things!
And, those grilling mats I told you about. These are truly AMAZING!
- 3 Tablespoons Prepared horseradish from a jar
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 15 grinds Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Ta-dah! That's is. It really is that easy. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.