AKA: CRANBERRY FLUFF
Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
**This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you.**
Cream cheese and heavy whipping cream turn this regular cranberry salad into an amazing creamy cranberry salad. It’s a little bit sweet and a little tart from the cranberries and, honestly, a little addictive.
This recipe is really a quick one to make and is sure to impress your guests. I’m talking, 15 minutes and done!
There are multiple textures and flavors in this dessert. Cranberries, pineapple, nuts and marshmallows…and don’t forget the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. That is quite a variety.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CREAMY CRANBERRY SALAD
You can make this in advance. When you’re responsible for cooking an entire holiday meal anything you can prepare in advance is helpful.
You just may get the kids onboard with this salad.
You can leave the cranberries whole, if you’d like, or use a food processor to give them a rough chop. Use light, quick taps on the pulse button until you get the texture you desire. I like a rough chop and leaving a small amount whole for a varied texture.
After adding the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese, be sure to beat it until stiff peaks form.
INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Canned pineapple tidbits
- Fresh apple, I like honey crisp
- Small marshmallows
- Pecans or walnuts, My preference is for pecans.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream – if you have a Costco close by, their heavy whipping is wonderfully thick and creamy. I strongly recommend
LINKS TO PRODUCTS/EQUIPMENT USED (affiliate links)
I use a small colander placed over a bowl to drain the pineapple tidbits and keep the juice.
Three different sized mixing bowls are used for this recipe.
I’ve had this KitchenAid hand mixer for many years and it has worked wonderfully.
A rubber spatula is necessary for folding in the creamy mixture. Man, I LOVE the turquoise/black color combo on this set!
LINKS TO RECIPES THAT MAY PAIR WELL WITH THIS ONE
Check out some of my other holiday recipes:
CREAMY CRANBERRY SALAD
- small colander
- small mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Handheld electric mixer
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries I use fresh
- 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 medium apple chopped, I use honeycrisp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups small marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecans rough chopped, I like some small and some larger pieces.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a colander, wash and dry the cranberries (or thaw, if using frozen) and then place them into the pitcher of a food processor. Use little taps on the pulse button to rough chop the cranberries, leaving some of them whole.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the processed cranberries, pineapple tidbits, apple, sugar, marshmallows and pecans. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- To the cream cheese, add the heavy whipping cream and, using an electric mixer, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture to the cranberry mixture. Using a spatula, fold until well mixed.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving.