Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
This creamy chicken spaghetti is the perfect easy dinner and the perfect comfort dish that the entire family will love. Not many can resist this creamy, cheesy, flavorful pasta dish.
This really is a super simple recipe to make. The hardest part is removing the meat from the chicken and that part really isn’t hard at all, it just takes a few minutes. Other than that, it is simply chopping a couple things and the rest of it is simply dumping ingredients in and making sure the cheese is melted.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
Remove two cups of pasta water BEFORE DRAINING THE SPAGHETTI and set aside to use for thinning, if necessary later on.
You can use homemade salsa, but for a super simple recipe, I recommend jarred. I don’t like all jarred salsa, but I do like Kylito’s, Herdez, and Trader Joe’s salsa.
If you’d like to, you can add this to a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. I don’t bother with that, I feel it is cheesy enough, so I just serve it out of the pot it was cooked in…unless there will be company, then I’ll put it in a proper dish 🙂
This makes a HUGE amount. If you are cooking for only one or two people, you might consider cutting the recipe in half, or plan on eating it left over.
Do not overcook the spaghetti. Cook per package instructions and give it a rinse with cold water after draining in colander to stop the cooking process.
I only use nice clean pieces of chicken. I use, both, dark and light pieces of chicken, but remove all skin, fat, undesirable looking pieces, etc.
- Rotisserie chicken – neutral in flavor
- Yellow onion – something like a Vidalia is a good choice
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh garlic
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Granulated garlic
- Granulated onion
- Chicken broth base & seasoning – Orrington Farms
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Queso blanco Velveeta
- Sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
OTHER RECIPES TO ENJOY
It wouldn’t suck to have THE BEST BANANA PUDDING for dessert!
Some GRILLED ASPARAGUS or oven roasted asparagus would be a nice healthy side dish.
A nice icy cold glass of BLACKBERRY LEMONADE would be delicious with this dish.
- Large soup pot
- 1 Rotisserie chicken meat removed and shredded
- 16 ounces Spaghetti noodles cooked per package instructions, 2 cups pasta water reserved prior to draining.
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 medium Yellow onion Vidalia is a good choice, diced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper diced
- 2 medium Cloves fresh garlic grated
- 4 ounces Butter melted
- 10.5 ounce Can cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 10.5 ounce Can cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Broth base & seasoning Orrington Farms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's Greek seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 30 grinds Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces Queso blanco Velveeta diced into small cubes
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken. Remove all skin, fat, bones and any gross or unappetizing looking pieces. I use, both, dark and light meat, but only good clean meat. Cube or shred the meat. I prefer it shredded. Set aside.
- Dice the onion and red bell pepper. Grate the garlic. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl add the the melted butter, both soups, chicken broth, sour cream, and seasonings, whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the spaghetti noodles, per package instructions. Before draining the spaghetti noodles, scoop out 2 cups of the pasta water and set aside. Don't forget this step because you will most likely use it later. Now, drain the noodles, give them a rinse and set aside.
- Using the same pot that you cooked the noodles in, on medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons EVOO. Add the diced onions and diced red bell pepper and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the grated garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the soup/seasoning mixture and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the queso blanco Velveeta and the sharp cheddar. Heat until all the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Give the spaghetti noodles another quick rinse, then add them to the pot, making sure to stir well to completely incorporate the noodles.
- Taste test to check seasonings.
- That's it! It really is that easy.