Author: Susanne at Dish With Me
**Some links on dishwithme.com are affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click on a link and make a purchase from a partner company. I will NEVER recommend anything that I don’t personally use or love.**
Oh, these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, though! They are stuffed with crabbie, garlicky, herby goodness! The mixture/stuffing for these bad boys can be made in mere minutes and they bake in minutes. They can also be stuffed ahead of time and baked when you are ready for them. Just make sure to store them in the refrigerator.
These mushrooms pair perfectly with a steak, or anything, really. They also make a great snack or appetizer. They are so good that you might mistake them being from a fabulous restaurant.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Feel free to use whatever kind of mushrooms you like. I am partial to portabella mushrooms, so I use the baby bellas for this recipe.
Many cooks say not to wash mushrooms, but to wipe them down with a damp cloth because they are like little sponges and absorb water. I’m not one of those cooks. I wash my mushrooms. Every. Single. Time. They’re dirty. I wash them quickly under running water and pat them dry with paper towels.
CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- neutral flavored cooking spray
- 24 ounces baby bella mushrooms approx. 20, cleaned, stems removed, keep the stems
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic grated with a microplane
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese the powdery kind
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence dried
- 1 Tablespoon green onion VERY finely chopped. plus a little extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 20 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 6 ounce can crab meat drained
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove, but keep the stems.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking tray.
- Chop the mushroom stems.
- Heat a small pan on medium-high heat. Add the butter and EVOO.
- Once the butter is melted, cook the chopped mushroom stems. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl. add the remaining ingredients, except the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the cooked mushroom stems to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Mix ingredients well, then use a spoon or a piping bag to stuff the mushrooms.
- Top the mushrooms with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes
- Sprinkle cooked stuffed mushrooms with finely chopped green onions.