Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
These Coconut Macaroon cookies have been a favorite since childhood. I absolutely love anything tropical tasting and coconut, for me, fits the bill.
Guys, making cookies couldn’t be much simpler than this recipe. I’ve quoted 10 minutes prep time, but, really, you can do it in 5. Most of the time is for cooking, which will take between 20 to 25 minutes.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COCONUT MACAROONS
Many people will say to store these cookies in an airtight container. That is a big no for me. I like to store them on a dish with a light floursack towel draped over them. To me, storing them in an airtight container tends to make them feel kind of wet and sticky and I don’t like it.
Be aware of how hot your oven cooks. When you set an oven at a certain temperature, that should be that, only it isn’t always. Some ovens do, in fact, cook hotter than others. If you already know this, simply turn your oven down just a bit, or check your products at an earlier than recommended time. It never hurts to check whatever you are cooking early so it doesn’t burn because you can always cook it a little longer, but you cannot un-cook it.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- All-purpose flour
- Egg whites
- Kosher salt
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY
Now that you have dessert figured out, try some of these others for dinner.
- 14 ounce Shredded coconut I use sweetened
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed milk I use Eagle brand
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add condensed milk, coconut, vanilla extract, almond extract and flour. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, add the egg whites and Kosher salt. Mix with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. 2-3 minutes.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the coconut mixture. Fold until well combined without overmixing.
- Use a scoop to (golf ball size) to scoop the coconut mixture onto the lined baking trays. About 12 to a tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- I store on a dish and cover loosely with a flour sack towel.