Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
Photography: Susanne & Dawson at dishwithme.com
So, a few years ago I discovered this type of cookie made by David’s. They were sold at Costco, but that year they were only sold around the holidays. I fell in love with them and sent them to all my siblings at Christmastime. This is my homemade version of Butter Pecan Meltaway cookies, so now we can have them whenever we want.
The beauty of these beauties is that they are a delicious sweet treat without being overly sweet. And, they are crazy easy to make. Six ingredients, guys. That’s nothing!
Hey, check out the picture. My sweet little Dawson was helping me take photos for this recipe. I asked him to hold my ring light for me, but he had other ideas. He decided he would help me with my presentation! I thought it was so sweet and cute that I didn’t even take another picture, I left it just like he put it! Meet his Megalodon monster truck. Haha. Sweet boy.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR BUTTER PECAN MELTAWAY COOKIES
Be sure the butter is SOFTENED, not melted.
- Real butter
- Powdered sugar
- Kosher salt
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
LINKS TO OTHER RECIPES
And don’t forget the AUTHENTIC TASTING MEXICAN RICE
** This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you so much for helping to support my small business.**
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED
Here are some nice baking trays
These are my glass mixing bowls
A spatula will come in handy.
- Baking tray
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 cup Real butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar plus another cup to roll the baked cookies in
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Pecans very finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Place softened butter into a large bowl, Add powdered sugar and mix with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add Kosher salt and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add chopped pecans. Mix until well incorporated.
- Roll into small balls (approximately 1 inch) and place onto a cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 to 13 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Once the cookies have cooled roll them in a bowl of powdered sugar until completely covered in sugar.
- Store in a dish or bowl covered with a flour sack dish towel.
- Makes approximately 30. They won't last long 🙂