Author: Susanne at dishwithme.com
**This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my privacy/disclosure policy.**
Baja Chicken burritos…simple, yet satisfying. Well…technically there are several steps, but all simple steps.
October is the start of making treats for the holidays; Halloween, then Thanksgiving and, we cannot forget Christmas. Oh, no, no, no! That’s when the treats really kick in. For my house, at least, Christmas is the mack-daddy holiday to indulge in treats. So it’s nice to have some easy and healthy options to include to keep you and yours fortified and strong.
Burritos/wraps are a great option, not only for dinner, but a quick and easy option to take for lunch. Packed with protein it is a great option whether you have time to sit and enjoy a meal or you are eating on the run.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR BAJA CHICKEN BURRITO
There are several components to these burritos that have to be made separately, BUT each are easy and each of them can actually be made ahead of time, if you wish. Making, say the rice and the pickled onions (if you cannot find pre-made) a day or two in advance makes it that much easier when it comes time make the burritos for a meal. You can, also, opt to make everything ahead of time and simply heat and assemble the burritos when the time comes.
If you would like to enjoy this meal without the tortilla, simply opt to give the tortilla a toss and easily turn it into a burrito bowl instead of an actual burrito. Easy peasy.
For all my recipes, this is the kind of Kosher salt that I use.
Make a quick batch of my Baja Dressing (recipe included) to drizzle, or drizzle with salsa, or both. I say both!
Check out this dressing shaker. You can make any dressing in it and store the dressing in the refrigerator in the same container. And, I use this Citrus Squeezer several times a week and love it. One big difference with this one is that it is flat on the bottom, so, if you’re like me and don’t have a ton of arm strength, this works out really well. It, also, has a seed catcher and a pour spout. Love it.
BAJA CHICKEN BURRITO
- FOR THE BURRITOS
- 1 batch of my cilantro lime rice recipe
- 1 batch of my Baja Chicken
- 1 Avocado mashed
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- cheddar cheese shredded
- pickled onions store bought or homemade
- lettuce very finely shredded
- salsa or Baja Dressing or both!
- burrito size flour tortillas or make a burritos bowl
- BAJA DRESSING
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 zest from one lime
- 1 juice from one small lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 15 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons green/spring onions finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Fill each warmed tortilla with rice, baja chicken, black beans, smashed avocado, lettuce, pickled red onions, cheddar and either salsa, Baja dressing, or both.
- Fold each end of the tortilla towards the center and then, starting at one side roll the tortilla closed…you know…make a burrito.
- If the burrito ingredients are not warm, make sure to microwave it for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave. Remember, that putting a tortilla in the microwave for too long will make it hard and inedible.
- BAJA DRESSING
- Add all ingredients to a jar, salad dressing shaker, or a bowl. Shake or whisk all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Drizzle and enjoy. Viola! You just made another dressing! I told you it was easy.