Author: Susanne at Dish With Me
**Some links on dishwithme.com are affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click on a link and make a purchase from a partner company. I will NEVER recommend anything that I don’t personally use or love.**
Bacon, beer, ranch, cheese…need I say more??? These items are all good on their own, but combine them…oh, my goodness!!! Everybody LOVES this Bacon Beer Dip! My daughter-in-law introduced me to a version of this dip several years ago and I have since tweaked it a bit.
This dip is savory, cheesy and super flavorful!
This bacon beer dip is perfect for any kind of get together, or just to enjoy while having a cozy movie night or while watching a football game on the weekend.
If you’re not enjoying this dip with a beer, try enjoying it with cucumber water!
HELPFUL HINTS FOR BACON BEER DIP
USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER, trust me…I tried it without one…use the mixer…it turns out better.
Best served cold.
Can be made a couple days in advance.
Any kind of cream cheese can be used, except the whipped.
Feel free to experiment with different flavors of beer each time you make it. Different types of beer have different flavors, which makes the dip taste different. It’s kind of the same concept as cooking with wine…use something you would enjoy drinking, not something you wouldn’t enjoy.
Alcohol free beer can be used, if you prefer.
Personally, I think this dip tastes awesome with Dot’s pretzels, but you could use any kind of pretzel, crackers, pita chips, naan, or even veggies.
If you are serving Mexican food or an Asian dish and you want to zip it up a notch, try adding a bit of salsa, hot sauce, Gochujang, or Sriracha. Personally, I like it as is, but I know there will be some of you who will like to spice it up a bit.
BACON BEER DIP
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons ranch powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beer whatever kind you like, or have on hand
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or cheddar blend
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer beat softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch powder, garlic powder and onion powder until fluffy and well blended.
- To the cream cheese mixture, add the Worcestershire sauce and beer. Blend with an electric mixer.
- Next add the cheese, bacon and green onion. Stir to mix everything together.
- Ta-done! Enjoy!
I love Pretzel! It makes me hungry even though I just had lunch lol.